225g plain flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
110g butter or margarine
110g mixed dried fruit
55g caster sugar
1 medium egg
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp milk
demerera sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200C (180C for fan-assisted ovens) or 400F.
2. line or grease baking tray.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a bowl.
4. Add the fruit, raisins, sugar and egg and mix well.
5. Mix in two tablespoons of milk.
6. Spoon 12 large spoonfuls on the tray or trays, spearating by about 1 1/2 inches form each other.
7. Sprinkle the tops with demerera sugar.
8. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes after removing from the oven.
Serve and enjoy!
Make sure the parent or adult operates the oven and places in and removes the cakes from the oven for safety.