This recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare before baking. Adults will need to put the mixture into the oven and remove it from the oven, but children can do all of the measuring and mixing themselves.
4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
5. Add the flour last and mix.
6. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
8. Cool on a rack.
9. Remove from pan and slice to serve.